- Detailed Admission Requirements for Credit Programs
- Requirements for Health Programs – Information on requirements for admission to Health Technology programs.
- Requirements for Home School Graduates
- Residency – Information on residency status for in-state tuition.
General Admissions Requirements
Every prospective student must complete an admission application and return it to the Admissions Office. You may request an application from the Admissions Office, or you may apply online. An incomplete application will be returned to you and will result in a delay in your processing.
Official transcripts must be sent to Forsyth Tech directly from the high school and previous colleges attended. The transcript request form is available online or in the Admissions Office. If you received a GED, you must provide the official GED transcript or scores.
ACCUPLACER / Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs) are required for all associate degree programs and most diploma degree programs. ACCUPLACER / CPTs study guides are available. The study guide thoroughly explains the test.
The Testing Center
Allman Center, Room 133 (1st Floor), Main Campus
Walk-In Placement Testing Schedule
|Monday — Thursday||8 am - 5:30 pm|
|Friday||8 am - Noon|
|1st and 3rd Saturday of the month||8 am - Noon|
|(The Testing Center closes at 7 pm Monday - Thursday, and 3 pm Friday.)|
Testing Is Also Aailable At The Following Locations
- Mazie Woodruff Center (Appointment only: 336.734.7950)
- Grady Swisher Center (Appointment only: 336.734.7903)
- Stokes County Center (Appointment only: 336.593.2482)
- Northwest Forsyth Center (Appointment only: 336.734.7050)
Note: ACCUPLACER / CPTs are not required if credit has been earned for college level English and math. Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and American College Test (ACT) scores may be substituted for ACCUPLACER/ CPTs.