Students must attend classes to be eligible for aid. Students who stop attending all courses and/or officially withdraw from all courses and are receiving federal financial aid or state grants are only eligible for the portion of financial aid that corresponds to the amount of time they attended as prescribed by federal and state regulations.
Students are considered to “earn” their financial aid by attending class. Students withdrawing from all courses after the 60 percent point of the semester are considered to have earned 100 percent of their aid. However, withdrawals still impact Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Students who withdraw or stop attending courses before the 60 percent point has been reached are required to repay the U.S. Department of Education any “unearned” funds. Students who never attend courses or are reported as “no shows” are not entitled to any aid for those courses. However, it is possible that students may still be responsible for tuition/fees for “no show” courses.
For a complete Return of Title IV funds policy, please visit the Office of Student Financial Services or call 336.734.7235.
Forsyth Tech Refund Policy
- A 100 percent refund may be given if students officially withdraw prior to the first day of classes of the semester as noted in the academic calendar. If Forsyth Tech cancels a course, the portion of tuition that the student paid for the canceled course will be refunded in full.
- A 75 percent refund may be given if students officially withdraw from the class(es) prior to, or on, the official 10 percent point of the semester.
- Student activity fees will be refunded only when classes are canceled and students are not registered in any other class.
- Students passing proficiency exams for courses they have registered and paid for are not eligible for tuition refunds.
- Tuition refunds are not transferable to other individuals.
- Late tuition refund requests will not be considered.
- Tuition cannot be held from one semester to a future semester.
- Malpractice insurance and parking decals are non-refundable unless the class(es) are canceled by the school.
Students may drop class(es) in the Records Office (Allman Center, Room 106, Main Campus). If questions, contact the Cashier’s Office at 336.734.7210.