You are currently viewing the 2013 - 2014 Student Catalog. The current catalog is located here.
Computer Art I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|ART 171||Computer Art I||0||6||0||3|
|Prerequisites: ART 131 and ART 135|
|Effective Term: Spring 2000|
This course introduces the use of the computer as a tool for solving visual problems. Emphasis is placed on fundamentals of computer literacy and design through bit-mapped image manipulation. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of paint programs, printers, and scanners to capture, manipulate, and output images. This course has been approved to satisfy the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement for transferability as a pre-major and/or elective course requirement.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Digital Effects and Animation Technology - Gaming Design - Certificate (Day)
- Digital Effects and Animation Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)