You are currently viewing the 2013 - 2014 Student Catalog. The current catalog is located here.
Child Development II
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|EDU 145||Child Development II||3||0||0||3|
|Prerequisites: Take One Set: Set 1: ENG 080 and RED 080 or Set 2: ENG 085|
|Effective Term: Fall 2009|
This course includes the theories of child development, needs, milestones, and factors that influence development, from preschool through middle childhood. Emphasis is placed on developmental sequences in physical/motor, emotional/social, cognitive, and language domains and the impact of multiple influences on development and learning. Upon completion, students should be able to compare/contrast typical/atypical developmental characteristics, explain environmental factors that impact development, and identify strategies for enhancing development. This course has been approved to satisfy the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement for transferability as a premajor and/or elective course requirement.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Early Childhood Education -
Early Childhood - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Early Childhood Education - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Early Childhood Education - Diploma (Day and Evening)
- School-Age Education - School-Age Care - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- School-Age Education - Special Education - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- School-Age Education - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- School-Age Education - Diploma (Day and Evening)