You are currently viewing the 2013 - 2014 Student Catalog. The current catalog is located here.
Med Ofc Transcription I NEW REQUISITE
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|OST 241||Med Ofc Transcription I NEW REQUISITE||1||2||0||2|
|Prerequisites: OST 141 and OST 130|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course introduces machine transcription techniques as applied to medical documents. Emphasis is placed on accurate transcription, proofreading, and use of reference materials as well as vocabulary building. Upon completion, students should be able to prepare accurate and usable transcripts of voice recordings in the covered specialties.
2013FA - New Local Prereq: OST 130
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Medical Office Administration -
Medical Transcription - Diploma (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)