EMT Refresher and Certification Courses
If you are a professional EMT, you can take classes necessary to maintain specific skills or certifications at Forsyth Tech. To find upcoming courses, use our Find A Course option and follow these
- Select an upcoming Term designated CE (Continuing Education).
- Under Subject choose either EMS (Emergency Medical Services) or FIP (Fire Protection)
- Click submit.
You will see a complete list of courses available in that term. Click the course name for details. Please note that registration for these courses is through fire/EMS/law agencies only. You must register through the agency with which you are employed.
Courses available at Forsyth Tech are listed below. Not all courses are available each term; however if there is enough demand, a class may be scheduled through special arrangement with the program coordinator.
For more information or to ask about scheduling a needed course, contact:
Coordinator, Emergency Medical Services
EMT Refresher/Certification Courses
EMT Basic Initial
EMT Basic Continuing Education
Methodology of Instruction for Emergency Services
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC)
- Geriatric Education for Emergency Medical Services (GEMS)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- Advance Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- Pediatric Education for the Prehospital Professional (PEPP)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Fire Protection Refresher/Certification Courses
|FIP3321/Prevention, Education & Cause||Tuesday 10/4||7 – 10 PM (3)|
|Wednesday10/5||7 – 10 PM (3)|
|Tuesday 10/11||7 – 10 PM (3)|
|Wednesday 10/12||7 – 10 PM (3)|
|Thursday 10/13||7 – 10 PM (3)|
|Tuesday 10/18||7 – 10 PM (3)|
|Wednesday 10/19||Review/Written Exam||7 – 10 PM (3)|