The Dorothy L. Lougee Nursing Assistant I Program
This state approved course introduces basic nursing skills required to provide personal care for patients, residents, the elderly or others requiring medical assistance in a healthcare setting. Emphasis is placed on the aging process, communications, patient safety, patient’s rights, personal care, vital signs, elimination, nutrition, emergencies, rehabilitation, and mental health. CPR certification is included in the class. Through classroom instruction, laboratory work, and clinical rotations, students are prepared to take the NC Nurse Aide I Competency Evaluation, a requirement in order to be listed on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry.
- 173 hours including 36 clinical hours.
- Criminal Background Check/Drug Screening.
- Successful completion – Math and Reading placement tests (or approved equivalent. Contact the Health Education Department for verification of equivalent scores/classes. 336.734.7733)
- Attend Nursing Assistant I Orientation
- High School Diploma/GED/High School Transcript OR College Diploma/College Transcript (showing graduation date)
- Picture ID and Social Security card with matching names
- Nursing Assistant I Orientation West Campus
- Nursing Assistant I Orientation Northwest Forsyth Center
- Registration: $180.00
- Lab fee: $5.00
- Liability Insurance: $18.00 (nonrefundable, valid for one year)
- Parking permit: $25.00
- Total (approximate): $228.00 + Books
- NC Nurse Aide I
Forsyth Tech Community College Nursing Assistant I Program Policy Book
- NC Nurse Aide I
* all prices subject to change
Contact the bookstore (336.734.7754) for current textbook prices.
- ID Badge: $5.00 You must present your registration receipt and receipt for ID payment in order to get your ID badge
- Criminal Background Check/Drug Screen (starts at $70.00)
- Stethoscope and blood pressure cuff (optional, but recommended)
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) ($30.00) – optional but recommended
- State Certification Exam ($101.00)
- For state certification information contact NACES at 888.282.6904 or visit www.pearsonvue.com (scroll to NC Nursing Assistant and Medication Aides)