The Dorothy L. Lougee Nursing Assistant II Refresher Program
This course is designed to assess and validate NAII Skills competencies for candidates whose NAII certification lapsed in the previous 24 months. The skills include Oxygen Therapy, Sterile Dressing Changes, Wound Irrigations, Nasogastric and Gastrostomy Care, Ostomy Care, Fecal Disimpacting, Tracheostomy Care, Urinary Catheterizations, and IV Assistive Activities. Successful graduates will submit applications for listing on the NAII Registry. No further testing will be required.
- Current NC NAI registry listing
- Copy of NC Board of Nursing NAII registry listing showing the expiration date within the previous 24 months.
- Picture ID and Social Security Card (with matching names)
- Documentation on letterhead from the HR Department or the supervising nurse stating you are eligible for NAII competency assessment in one of two ways:
- You worked at least eight hours for compensation during the previous 24 months performing nursing care activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and that you have no substantiated findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of funds on the DHSR Nurse Aide Registry. Nursing care activities are activities normally performed by a nurse but that can be delegated to unlicensed personnel by licensed nurses.
- You have had a continuous 24 month period during which patient care activities were performed for compensation. Patient care activities are personal care activities that can be performed by unlicensed personnel.
(All prices subject to change):
Nurse Aide II Skills Competency Policies and Skills Training Program (module)
Call bookstore for accurate book price. West Campus: 336.734.7755 or NWFC: 336.734.7055
- NAII Registry Listing $24.00