The Dorothy L. Lougee Nursing Assistant II Program
This course provides basic NAII nursing skills taught in accordance with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Tasks include oxygen therapy, suctioning, sterile dressing changes, IV fluid assistive activities, ostomy care, gastrostomy feedings/nasogastric feedings, and catheterizations. Classroom, laboratory and clinical learning experiences are included. Upon successful completion of the course and skill/competency evaluation, the student is eligible to apply for listing as a Nurse Aide II by the NC Board of Nursing Nurse Aide Registry.
- 160 Hours including 80 clinical hours
- Criminal Background Check/Drug Screening.
- Current NC NAI registry listing – first and last names must match Picture ID and Social Security Card
- Documentation of successful completion of a state approved NAI program
- Successful completion of Math and Reading placement tests (or approved equivalent. Contact the Health Education Department for verification of equivalent scores/classes. 336.734.7733)
- High School Diploma/GED/High School Transcript OR College Diploma/College Transcript (showing graduation date)
- Picture ID and Social Security Card (with matching names)
- CPR (AHA) Healthcare Provider certification before clinical
- Immunization form (before clinicals). This form can be found on the FT website and also in the Health Education Department on West Campus.
- Registration: $180.00
- Lab Fee: $5.00
- Liability Insurance: $18.00 (nonrefundable, valid for one year)
- Parking Permit: $25.00
- Total (approximate): $228.00 + Books
- NC Nurse Aide II/NC Nurse Aide II 2007 Update
- Forsyth Tech Community College Nursing Assistant II Program Policy Book
* all prices subject to change
Contact the bookstore (336.734.7754) for current textbook prices.
- CPR registration/related costs (approximately $35.00 + book)
- Criminal Background Check/Drug Screen (starts at $70.00)
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) ($30.00) – optional but
- NC Board of Nursing Listing Fee ($24.00)
- For state listing information contact the NC Board of Nursing at 919.782.3211 or visit www.ncbon.com (click on the Licensure/Listing section and scroll to Nurse Aides)