Notary Public Training
Certain legal documents, such as property deeds, wills and business agreements, require the impartial signature of a Notary Public. A Notary Public screens signers of important legal documents, confirming identities, document authenticity, confirming identities, and more.
This 6 hour course prepares students to become a commissioned/appointed Notary Public.
If you are at least 18 years old, have never been convicted of a felony, have a High School diploma or GED and can satisfactorily complete this workshop, you can apply for your Notary Public Commission. This class will teach you what you need to know before applying for your Notary Public Commission. The Notary Public Guidebook 10th edition and Student Workbook are required and are available in the Forsyth Tech bookstore – 336-734-7754.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start of class in order to allow time for check-in
Course Cost: $69
Options to register:
- Telephone Registration Option 2:
Call 336.761.1002 using MasterCard or Visa on Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 4 pm and on Friday, 9 am – 12 pm.
- Walk-in Registration:
West Campus Customer Service Center
1300 Bolton Street, Winston-Salem
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am-5:30 pm
Friday, 8:30 am-1 pm
NOTE: All students must have a current state or federal issued picture ID upon arrival for class.
|One Day Session, 9 am – 4 pm||Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 am – 12 noon|
|94819||July 29||IQ||94794||June 9 & 11||IQ|
|Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1 – 4 pm||Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 – 9 pm|
|94773||May 19 & 21||TTC 141||94742||May 26 & 28||WC 36|
|94796||Jul 7 & 9||NWFC 217||94779||Jun 2 & 4||TTC 142|
|94745||Jun 23 & 25||WC 36|
|94799||July 14 & 16||TTC 142|
Locations of Classes
- IQ – Innovation Quarter – 525 Vine Street Winston Salem, NC
- NWFC – Northwest Forsyth Center – 3111 Big Oaks Drive, King, NC
- TTC – Transportation Technology Center – 4255 N. Patterson Avenue, Winston Salem, NC
- WC – West Campus – 1300 Bolton Street, Winston-Salem, NC.
3-Hour Electronic Notary Course – $55 Registration Fee
North Carolina eNotary Manual MUST be purchased before attending course,
before commissioning, and retained for reference purposes.
- Note: In order to qualify for this course, a student must hold a current, valid commission as an NC notary public.
- All students must have a current state or federal issued picture ID upon arrival for class.
|Thursdays, 1 – 4 pm||Wednesdays, 9 – 12 pm|
|94743||May 28||TTC – 141||94747||Jul 1||TTC – 142|
For additional information regarding Notary Public courses, please contact Nell Perry at email@example.com or call 336-757-3801.
If you are interested in onsite Notary Public training for at least 6 employees at your place of business, please contact Jennifer Coulombe, Dean of Business & Industry Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.734.7723.
- Attorneys do not have to take this course, but must submit an application for NC Notary Public Commission at www.sosnc.com , choose Notary Public section.
- For NC Notary Public commissions that have expired, you may be directed to repeat the course.
- For expiring NC Notary Public Commissions before lapsing, submit a Reappointment Application form. See web address.
For more information and Notary forms, go to www.sosnc.com , and choose Notary Public section.