- Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Diploma
- AAS Day Program: 5 semesters, including 1 summer term
- AAS Evening Program: 13 semesters, including 4 summer terms *
- Diploma Day Program: 3 semesters including 1 summer term
- Diploma Evening Program: 6 semesters, including 2 summer terms *
- Admission Cycle: Every Semester
- Maximum Number Admitted Annually: Open
* The number of semesters may be shortened if the student can take online classes.
These programs are designed to teach students to assemble, analyze, process
and communicate essential information about financial operations.
Graduates should qualify for entry-level accounting positions in many types of organizations including accounting firms, small businesses, manufacturing firms, banks, hospitals, school systems, and government agencies.
- Degree graduates: $25,000 – $30,000/yr.**
- Diploma graduates: $18,000 – $25,000/yr.**
** This amount depends on skills, education and experience.
Course of Study
Course work includes accounting, auditing, taxation, computer applications, business law, economics, and general education courses. Cooperative education opportunities may be available. Related skills are developed through the study of communications, computer applications, financial analysis, critical thinking skills, and ethics.
Recommended Courses and Skills
Strong math background, high school algebra strongly recommended, strong reading comprehension skills and basic computer skills.
Helpful Personal Attributes
Analytical and critical thinking skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills and adaptability to various work environments.
If you would like additional information about the Accounting Program, contact Rhonda Segars, Program Coordinator, at 336.734.7608 or firstname.lastname@example.org.