Readmission to a Nursing Program
If you have been in a nursing program at Forsyth Tech and:
- Successfully completed at least your first nursing semester
- Are eligible for readmission (Please check with your Lead Instructor or Director of Nursing if you have questions about your readmission eligibility)
- Have been out of the program for at least two full semesters
Please note that the deadlines and process below apply.
|Semester of Entry||Deadline|
|Fall 2014||Deadline has passed|
|Spring 2015||Monday, November 3, 2014|
|Summer 2015||Friday, April 3, 2015|
|Fall 2015||Friday, June 12, 2015|
- Come to the Admissions Office and complete an Application for Admission. You CANNOT use the online application. When asked for the program of study, you must indicate “Readmission into the Associate Degree Nursing Program” or “Readmission into the Practical Nursing Program. Please note that you can only apply for one program.
- A letter addressed to the Director of Nursing must accompany the application. Information regarding the content of this letter can be found in your Nursing Student Policy Book under “Readmission.”
- As a former student, all your transcripts should be on file. However, if you have attended another college or university since leaving the Nursing program, you must submit official transcripts to proceed in the readmissions process.
Once your application file is complete, it will be reviewed by the Admissions Office.
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) Requirement:
All qualified applicants will be required to submit valid TEAS results. If you have taken the TEAS within the past 2 years, you are encouraged to submit those scores with your application. The TEAS must be valid through the deadline date for the semester for which you are applying (see above). If you have not taken the TEAS or your test has outdated, you will be eligible to take the test here at Forsyth Tech. You will receive information regarding testing sessions once your file is complete and has been reviewed for eligibility.
The Admissions process and TEAS testing must be completed by the deadlines specified above. There will be NO exceptions. It is important that you plan ahead to allow for time to complete the TEAS by the deadline.
Once your file is complete, it will be sent to the Director of Nursing for review. The Director of Nursing will make the final determination in regards to readmitting applicants.