Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) – Day
- Diploma, Certificate
- Diploma Day Program: 3 semesters, including 1 summer term
- Diploma Evening Program: 3 semesters, including 1 summer term
- Specialized Certificates Day Program: 3 semesters, including 1 summer term
- Specialized Certificates Evening Program: 3 semesters, including 1 summer term
- Admission Cycle: Day-fall and spring; Evening-fall and spring
- Maximum Number Admitted Annually: Day-20; Evening-20
Through classroom instruction and hands-on shop experience, the student learns the construction of the automobile body and techniques of auto body repairing, rebuilding and refinishing.
Students will be prepared for entry level position in the autobody repair and refinishing industry at dealerships, parts counters, auto paint shops and custom and refurbishing shops.
- $25,000 to $45,000/yr.
Course of Study
Students will receive training in the proper procedures using automotive refinishing equipment and material in surface preparation and application. Topics include shop safety, design and construction, structural analysis and measurement, equipment structural glass, repair techniques and other related topics.
Recommended Courses and Skills
Manual dexterity, analytical ability and mechanical aptitude.
Helpful Personal Attributes
Ability to work as a team member, pride in work and patience.
If you would like additional information about the Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology Program, contact Mark D. Walker, Program Coordinator, at 336.734.7610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.