- Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree, Diploma
- Certificate Day Program: 2 semesters (Aug-Dec; Jan-May)
- Admission Cycle: Fall Semester
- Diploma Day Program: Certificate Program plus 1 semester (Aug-Dec; Jan-May; May-Jul)
- AAS Day Program: Diploma Program plus 2 semesters (Aug-Dec; Jan-May)
- Admission Cycle: Fall or Spring Semester
- Certificate Evening Program: 5 semesters (Aug-Dec; Jan-May; May-Jul; Aug-Dec; Jan-May)
- Admission Cycle: Fall semester
- Maximum Number Admitted Annually: AAS – 24; Certificate Day – 24; Certificate Evening – 24; Diploma Day – 24; Diploma Evening – 24
- More Information: Program Detail
|Step 1: Download Admissions Requirements (MAR) Packet|
|Step 2: View Therapeutic Massage Online Oirentation|
This program prepares graduates to work in direct client care settings to provide soft-tissue manipulation, methodical pressure, friction and kneading of the body for maintaining wellness or treating alterations in wellness through the lifespan.
Graduates should qualify for employment opportunities in hospitals, medical offices, rehabilitation centers, health departments, home health, retirement communities, assisted living/nursing homes, spas, health and sports clubs, franchised massage clinics, and private practice. Graduates may be eligible to take the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx).
Course of Study
Course work includes effective communication and client care skills combined with knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and pathology. All of these are essential to obtaining high quality therapeutic massage skills. Massage skills are enhanced by a clinical supplement component. A cooperative work experience is provided in the A.A.S. program.
Recommended Courses and Skills
Courses will include content in normal human anatomy and physiology, therapeutic massage, ethical/legal issues, business practices, psychology and life saving techniques. A strong science aptitude is recommended.
Helpful Personal Attributes
Manual dexterity, critical thinking and problem solving skills, attention to detail, strong communication and interpersonal skills, sense of responsibility and independence, relaxed personality, physical stamina, and ability to work with individuals of various ages and degree of health.
If you would like additional information about the Therapeutic Massage Program, contact Kim Moore, Program Coordinator at 336.734.7916 or email@example.com.