Application Form and Instructions
Please read the following instructions before opening one of the application form options at the bottom of this section.
Due to current State of NC statutes, effective February 1, 2006, the ONLY application we will accept is the one accessed through this website which DOES NOT ask for your social security number. ALL other versions will be rejected!
Note: All applications must be received in the Human Resources Office (Allman Center, Room 202) before the close-out date and time posted with the vacancy announcement. While your application may arrive on campus at Central Receiving prior to the submission deadline, it may not be received in the Human Resources office until the next day, and would not be considered a valid submission. Please plan accordingly.
New Application ~ New Procedure
- A new application must be submitted for each position. However, you do not have to reapply for the same position if your original application is on file with us, is in the current version (March 2011), and is less than one year old. In this case simply call 336.734.7302 and ask that it be reactivated.
- The application must be filled out on a computer by first downloading and opening the Microsoft Word document from this website as a “read-only” file, and then saving it to your desktop. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. All old versions of the application will be rejected. Please use standard weight white paper with black print.
- After completing the form on the computer, print it out (single sided only); sign it in all applicable areas; deliver or mail it in; or stop by our Human Resources Office for assistance. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
- In order to be considered for employment, you must meet the minimum specified requirements for that position as described in the vacancy notice.
- College Transcripts and Professional Certifications that at least meet the minimum requirements specified in the vacancy announcement MUST accompany your TYPED application.
- Student copies are preferred with the application. If you do not have copies, please request them from the institution(s) you attended. Please attach the student copies to your application before submission. Official copies will be required only if you are extended an offer of employment. Applicants for positions where the minimum educational requirement advertised is a high school diploma or GED only, must provide evidence of such.
- The employment application MUST be TYPED and filled out completely in order to be considered for a position. When applying for other positions, please send a separate application with an ORIGINAL signature, which is required for each position.
- If you do not have access to a computer (home, school or public library), or need assistance, you may come by our office Room 211 of the Allman Center on the Main Campus to complete your online application.
*Resumes will not be accepted without a completed Forsyth Tech application.
**Applications will not be accepted without required transcripts. AA/EOE
Your system must meet one of the following requirements to use these forms:
- Microsoft Word (version 1997, 2000, 2003, 2007 or later required)