Part-Time Dispatcher/Office Support
The Part-Time Dispatcher/Office Support will provide dispatch/clerical assistance to the Campus Police Department. The Dispatcher/Office Support will welcome visitors, determine nature of business and announce visitors to appropriate personnel or direct to appropriate campus location. Duties will also include answering incoming telephone calls (Emergency 7911 & Non-Emergency), dispatching officers to calls; logging times for calls received, dispatched, officers arrival & clear times; contacting EMS, Fire, Police, Sheriff and other agencies as needed; remaining calm during emergency situations; use of appropriate radio procedures; determining the purpose of callers, and providing requested service/information or forwarding calls to appropriate personnel or department, issuing temporary parking and other permits, entering parking tickets into computer system, assembly of parking brochures and decals, locating students and other duties as required. This individual must be able to use a computer, as well as answer questions about the College and provide callers with appropriate information. The Dispatcher/Office Support will take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel are unavailable. The hours for this position are from 12 noon to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
1. In order to be considered for employment, you must meet the minimum specified requirements for that position as described in the vacancy notice.
2. College Transcripts and Professional Certifications that at least meet the minimum requirements specified in the vacancy announcement MUST accompany your TYPED application.
3. Student transcript copies are preferred with the application. If you do not have copies, please request them from the institution(s) you attended. Please attach the copies to your application before submission. Official copies will be required only if you are recommended and extended an offer of employment. Applicants for positions where the minimum educational requirement advertised is a high school diploma or GED only, must provide evidence of such.
4. The employment application MUST be TYPED and filled out completely in order to be considered for a position. When applying for other positions, please send a separate application with an ORIGINAL signature, which is required for each position.
5. If you do not have access to a computer (home, school or public library), or need assistance, you may come by our office Room 202 of the Allman Center on the Main Campus to complete your online application.
*Resumes will not be accepted without a completed Forsyth Tech application. **Applications will not be accepted without required transcripts. AA/EOE.
1. High school diploma.
2. Clean criminal record.
- Dispatch experience.
Open until filled. Applications must be received in the Human Resources Office. Handwritten, faxed or copied applications will not be accepted. Persons interested in applying must go to our website at www.forsythtech.edu and follow the new application process and fulfill all application requirements or stop by our Human Resources’ Office for assistance. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed Forsyth Tech application. AA/EOE.
The salary range for this position is $12.65 to $13.85 per hour, based on experience and academic credentials.