Full-Time Instructional Designer – Science (TAACCCT Grant Funded)
The Full-Time Instructional Designer – Science (TAACCCT Grant Funded) will coordinate efforts with the leadership of the Lead Instructional Designer – Science to ensure the task of establishing and maintaining course-quality and design initiatives are met specifically for the science curriculum. Strong experience and ability for mastering learning platforms supported by the department is required. This position reports to the Lead Instructional Designer – Science and will work with the Dean of Learning Technologies, the Dean of Math, Science and Technologies and science faculty to design instructionally-sound digital learning tools that will improve and expand student learning in biotechnology, biology and chemistry; and requires the ability to build in and conduct formative, summative and comprehensive evaluations to assess the progress for these creations. This position is funded by a DOL TAACCCT grant.
- In order to be considered for employment, you must meet the minimum specified requirements for that position as described in the vacancy notice.
- College Transcripts and Professional Certifications that at least meet the minimum requirements specified in the vacancy announcement MUST accompany your TYPED application.
- Student transcript copies are preferred with the application. If you do not have copies, please request them from the institution(s) you attended. Please attach the copies to your application before submission. Official copies will be required only if you are recommended and extended an offer of employment. Applicants for positions where the minimum educational requirement advertised is a high school diploma or GED only, must provide evidence of such.
- The employment application MUST be TYPED and filled out completely in order to be considered for a position. When applying for other positions, please send a separate application with an ORIGINAL signature, which is required for each position.
- If you do not have access to a computer (home, school or public library), or need assistance, you may come by our office Room 202 of the Allman Center on the Main Campus to complete your online application.
*Resumes will not be accepted without a completed Forsyth Tech application. **Applications will not be accepted without required transcripts. AA/EOE.
*** PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY ***
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Instructional Design, Higher Education, Adult Education or a related program. **Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACS.**
- Demonstrated ability in instructional design.
- Ability to quickly master authoring tools and learning technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with learning management systems.
- Ability to successfully apply learning theory in the digital realm.
- Must be creative, collaborative, flexible and thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Experience as an instructional designer.
- Experience as an adult educator in a community college environment.
- Experience as a project leader.
Open until filled. Applications must be received in the Human Resources Office. Handwritten, faxed or copied applications will not be accepted. Persons interested in applying must go to our website at www.forsythtech.edu and follow the new application process and fulfill all application requirements or stop by our Human Resources’ Office for assistance. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed Forsyth Tech application. AA/EOE.
The salary for this position is based on experience and academic credentials.