Part-time Instructor, History
The Part-Time Instructor, History will be responsible for teaching all levels of history courses to undergraduate students, including college transfer and specific program students. Duties include, but are not limited to, classroom preparation, instruction, grading and recordkeeping from one to four classes per semester. Classes are offered during the day, afternoon and night and may be face-to-face or via distance education technology. Classes are offered on the main campus and at off-campus sites.
- In order to be considered for employment, you must meet the minimum specified requirements for that position as described in the vacancy notice.
- College Transcripts and Professional Certifications that at least meet the minimum requirements specified in the vacancy announcement MUST accompany your TYPED application.
- Student copies are preferred with the application. If you do not have copies, please request them from the institution(s) you attended. Please attach the copies to your application before submission. Official copies will be required only if you are recommended and extended an offer of employment. Applicants for positions where the minimum educational requirement advertised is a high school diploma or GED only, must provide evidence of such.
- The employment application MUST be TYPED and filled out completely in order to be considered for a position. When applying for other positions, please send a separate application with an ORIGINAL signature, which is required for each position.
- If you do not have access to a computer (home, school or public library), or need assistance, you may come by our office Room 202 of the Allman Center on the Main Campus to complete your online application.
*Resumes will not be accepted without a completed Forsyth Tech application. **Applications will not be accepted without required transcripts. AA/EOE
- Master’s degree in history or Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in history. **Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACS. **
- Successful teaching experience.
- Willingness to become acquainted with distance learning technologies.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to fulfill instructional assignments.
- Successful teaching experience at the community college level.
- Ability to teach web-based and interactive technology courses.
Understand and be committed to the unique nature and role of the College
Open until filled. Applications must be received in the Human Resources Office. Handwritten, faxed or copied applications will not be accepted. Persons interested in applying must go to our website at www.forsythtech.edu and follow the new application process and fulfill all application requirements or stop by our Human Resources’ Office for assistance. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed Forsyth Tech application. AA/EOE.
The salary range for this position is $28.70 to $30.80 per hour, based on experience and academic credentials.