Continuing education is required to maintain EEC - As with all occupations, ongoing education is required to stay up-to-date on the latest research and resources to inform practice, increase knowledge and grow skills. Certified individuals have three or five years to complete their renewal requirements, based on their EEC level. To maintain your certification:
- Individuals certified on the Early Care and Education Professional Scale must continue their professional development by completing four semester hours or six Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or a combination of the two within their certification validity period.
- Individuals certified on the School Age Professional Scale must complete two semester hours or three Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or a combination of the two within their certification validity period.
With the approval of the North Carolina Institute for Child Development Professionals (NCICDP), Forsyth Technical Community College is offering the following modules:
- A Healthier You
- Building Blocks in Online Learning
- Building Your Skills as an Administrator
- Challenging Behavior
- Creative Activities for Young Children
- Cultural Competence
- Designing Environments for School Age Programs
- Family-Staff Partnerships
- Tips and Tools for College Education
- Weaving in Science and Math
For more information call 336.734.7716