Assess. Study. Discuss. Succeed.
#1 PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation Program
Listen to success stories from our students!
Register now for Spring 2014. Don’t miss out!
Now offering both a Tuesday section and our new Saturday section!
Spring 2014 Tuesday Evening Class:
|Location:||Oak Grove 4456|
|Dates:||February 4 – May 13, 2014|
|Time:||6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.|
Spring 2014 Saturday Morning Class:
|Location:||West Campus Room 36|
|Dates:||January 25 – May 3, 2014|
|Time:||9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
This intensive 14-week program offered by Forsyth Tech in partnership with the Winston-Salem Chapter of SHRM is designed for individuals seeking the most sought-after HR certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®).
Why Enroll in Our Course?
When you complete this course, you’ll be prepared to pass the PHR or SPHR exam. Year after year, professionals who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the national pass rate. Our expert classroom instruction provides a better flow of information and a more enjoyable and effective learning experience saving you time and keeping you motivated.
By enrolling in this course, you will receive the added benefits of:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- Practice Tests – more than 1,000 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- The SHRM Learning System, ranked the #1 certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Earn 4.2 CEUs.
The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the PHR or SPHR examinations.
Who Should Enroll In This Course?
Our Human Resource certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking a PHR or SPHR certification.
Advancing your career: For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Particpants gain a generalist point of view, refresh key ideas and concepts, strenthen their understanding of core competencies and increase productivity.
The most up-to-date learning modules. The SHRM Learning System includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge so you’ll learn everything you need for the PHR or SPHR exam. Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute’s body of knowledge and are available in print and e-reader formats.
- Business Management and Strategy
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic planning process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
- Human Resouce Development
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation
- Training and development
- Talent and performance management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation structure systems
- Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
More ways to learn
Whatever your learning style, you will find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence. Use our interactive case study, featuring real-life scenarios and questions, to apply your knowledge. And, check out the online Learning Center for a wealth of supplemental study materials:
Accessing the SHRM Learning System via your PC, laptop, your mobile device, or e-reader device making it easy to study wherever and whenever you have time.
- Quickstarts – guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessment – Identifies topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- Tests – more than 1,000 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Post-test – weighted and balanced to mimic the scored PHR/SPHR exam; presented in the style and format used by the HR Certification Institute
- Online Resource Center – includes downloadable audio and web casts, flashcards (printed, online or audio), HR updates, related links, feedback feature and more.
Continuing Education Credit for PHRs and SPHRs
HR professionals know that their field constantly evolves. In order to be a strategic partner in your organization’s success, you must stay abreast of changing laws, best practices and innovative labor strategies. Certified HR professionals are required to recertify their designation every three years. As a Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) approved provider, many of our courses offered through the Institute for HR Management qualify for recertification credit. If you have any questions, please call 336.734.7771.
How to Register & Pay
There are two ways in which to register for the SHRM Exam Prep course —- walk-in and telephone. Payment is by VISA/MasterCard (credit/debit card), check, cash or money order. Payment must be made at the time of registration. Checks should be made payable to Forsyth Technical Community College.
Walk-in registration is available at six locations:
- West Campus Customer Service Center
1300 Bolton Street, Winston-Salem
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. -5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Mazie Woodruff Center
4905 Lansing Drive, Winston-Salem
Monday – Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Grady P. Swisher Center
1251 Dudley Products Drive, Kernersville
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Forsyth Tech Stokes County Center*
1165 Dodgetown Road, Walnut Cove
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Northwest Forsyth Center**
3111 Big Oaks Drive, King
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Transportation Technology Center
4255 North Patterson Avenue, Winston-Salem
Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Closed noon – 1:00 p.m.)
Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
*(payment by cash, check, or money order only)
**(payment by check or money order only)
To register by phone, call 336.761.1002, Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Payment by VISA/MasterCard (credit/debit) only.
Companies registering a minimum of five employees and paying for their registration fee by purchase order or authorization letter may use fax registration. Call 336.734.7736 to request a form. Employees will be registered upon receipt of the completed form.
Questions About the Courses
Rob Hinshaw, Coordinator of SHRM Exam Preparation Classes