Career Counseling At Forsyth Tech
Career Services is located within the Student Success Center in the Oak Grove Center in Room 2414. The services we offer include:
- Updated employment resources
- Job postings database on the web for your convenience
- Job Fairs and Career Days
- Individual assistance with resumes, cover letters, interviewing
assistance and tips on dressing appropriately for a job interview
- Classroom presentations on employability skills
- PC available to search for employment
- Career and Personality Assessments, for more information contact Rex Hobson
Career Assessment Dates Fall 2015
- August 26 6:00-7:30 pm
- September 3 9:30-11:00 am
- September 23 1:00-2:30 pm
- October 5 6:00-7:30 pm
- October 27 2:00-3:30 pm
- November 12 10:00-11:30 am
- November 19 12:30-2:00 pm
- December 9 10:30-12:00 pm
Students must register with Rex Hobson at email@example.com.
We also offer a downloadable pdf of our Career Services Career Guide , which contains information on topics such as:
- The 4-Step Career Development Process
- Why Is Self Assessment Important
- Online Job Application Tips
- Employable Skills Employers Seek
- Career Tips for People With Disabilities
- Tips to Get the Most Out of Career Fairs
- Résumé and Correspondences
- Coping with Rejection in the Job Search
- Following Up With Your Career Development Plans
Forsyth Technical Community College uses College Central Network as its official job posting and resume service. Students and Alumni, create your account profile at www.collegecentral.com/forsythtech to:
- Search for all Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal, and Volunteer Work easily and efficiently
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles
This is a free online resource of companies and industries in the U.S. Students, alumni, faculty, and staff can get information pertaining to company reviews, conduct informational interviews, get company rating in regards to employee satisfaction and dissatisfaction, and salary information. Students will be able to reach interview questions, prep for interviews, and research companies.
Recuiters Connection, LLC is a National Online Directory of Recruiting Firms by state and by industry. Join their email list for weekly webinar information.
Resume Builder assists you to create an effective and professional resume by providing expert tips, writing examples, and helpful suggestions. The software also comes with a cover letter builder, thank you letter builder, and more.
For Assistance, Contact:
Carla Crews, M.Ed Counselor
For in-depth career counseling or assessments please contact the Counseling Center at 336.734.7226 to set up an appointment with a counselor.