Who is required to purchase a parking decal?
- All full- and part-time faculty and staff are required to purchase a valid parking decal if parking on Forsyth Tech owned property.
- All students who drive and park a vehicle on the campus property of Forsyth Tech (Main, Northwest, Swisher, West, Transportation Technology Center and Woodruff) whose class is five days or more must purchase a valid parking decal.
- If you are a student at Forsyth Tech and also work part-time at Forsyth Tech, you are required to purchase a student parking decal and park in student parking.
Where do I go to purchase parking decals?
Parking decals can be purchased at the following locations:
(Call for payment options.)
- Main Campus Cashier’s Office, Allman Center, second floor, 336.734.7210
- Northwest Forsyth Center, first floor, 336.734.7052
- Grady P. Swisher Center, first floor, 336.734.7903
- Mazie S. Woodruff Center, first floor, 336.734.7950
- Stokes County Center, 336.593.2482
- Transportation Technology Center, 336-734-7598
- West Campus Customer Service, 336-734-7023
Where do I place my parking decal?
- Parking decals must be affixed to the outside left rear window or left bumper.
- Parking decals may not be taped or displayed using any other method of attachment.
- A vehicle is not considered registered until the parking decal is properly displayed on your vehicle.
What is the Parking Decal Refund Policy?
There are no refunds for parking decals.
Are parking decals transferable to another vehicle?
Parking decals are not transferable If you drive a new or different vehicle permanently or on a regular basis, you will be required to purchase another parking decal.
What if I have to drive a different vehicle?
- Parking anywhere on campus during hours of operation requires the display of a valid parking decal or temporary parking permit.
- If you’ve arrived on campus you should stop by the Campus Police Office (Carolina Annex – Main Campus; Off Campus sites – Security Office) before parking to pick up a free temporary parking permit. This includes both employees and students.
- What you need to obtain a temporary parking permit: current parking decal that has already been purchased, valid driver’s license, vehicle plate number and make and model for which the temporary permit is needed.
- If you cannot stop by the Campus Police Office before parking, you cannot legally park in a campus lot.
How do I Park Legally?
- Display a current parking decal or parking permit in the proper location on or in your vehicle.
- Park in a legal space; Not in reserved, “no parking,” visitors, or along curbs.
- Obtain prior authorization for special situations.
Where can I park?
All lots on the Main Campus of Forsyth Tech are color-coded with signs that are located on poles in each lot.
- Student lots have green signs; student parking lots: C, CC, CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, F, J, M, O, O-1, Q
- Staff/faculty lots have red signs; staff parking lots: A, CC, CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, D, G, HH, K O, O-1, P, R, X, Z
- The visitor lot has blue signs; visitor parking lot: B
- Visitor Parking (Lot B) is for visitors only; even when on campus and not in class. Parking in Visitor and Staff lots is permitted after 5:30pm ONLY.
- Faculty, staff and students are required to park in their designated parking lots even when classes are not in session.
- For more information, please view the parking map of the Forsyth Tech campus.
- For further information, please read the Traffic Rules & Ticket Appeal issued with the purchase of your parking decal or download the Traffic Rules & Ticket Appealto view a copy of the campus map.
Where do I go to pay a Forsyth Tech parking ticket?
(Call for payment options.) (Note: extension campuses do not take cash)
Parking fines can be paid at the following locations:
- Cashier’s Office on Main Campus in the Allman Center on the second floor. The telephone number is 336.734.7210.
- Northwest Forsyth Center, first floor, The telephone number is 336.734.7052
- Grady P. Swisher Center, first floor. The telephone number is 336.734.7903
- Mazie S. Woodruff Center, first floor, The telephone number is 336.734.7950
- West Campus Customer Service, 336.734.7023
Where do I go if I want to appeal a Forsyth Tech parking ticket?
- Please contact Campus Police (located on Main Campus in the Carolina Annex). The telephone number is 336.734.7243
- Parking tickets can be appealed online either on the Forsyth Tech website or TechLink on the Campus Police page.
- Parking ticket appeal forms (printable) can be found on the Forsyth Tech website or TechLink on the Campus Police section.
Where can I park to load and unload from my vehicle?
- Although loading/unloading is a legitimate, ongoing need throughout campus, this need is not recognized as an excuse to park in a prohibited or reserved area.
- If you need to load/unload from an area that is not a parking space (curb) you must contact the Campus Police Office and request permission.
How do I arrange parking for a guest/meeting?
- Faculty and staff who are scheduling meetings involving off-campus guests and wish to reserve parking should submit a Parking Service Request Form within 48 hours of the scheduled event. This form is located on the campus police section on TechLink.
- Information needed: date and time of arrival, number of guests or spaces needed, lot requesting and vehicle information if possible.
How do I get prior authorization for special situations?
- Campus Police understands that there are circumstances that will occasionally require parking in a non-parking area.
- Campus Police will work with you to accommodate special parking situations. Drivers must receive prior authorization before parking in a non-parking area for any period of time.
- Authorization is typically provided in the form of a special parking permit, but short-term authorization may also be granted through a phone call to the Campus Police Office at 336.734.7243.
Where can I park my car overnight?
- Staff and students who leave campus on an overnight trip as either the driver of a fleet vehicle, the passenger in a fleet vehicle, or as a participant in a “road-trip” or other group activity may need to leave a vehicle on campus. Staff may leave their vehicles in staff lots and students may leave their vehicles in student lots.
- Forsyth Tech and the Campus Police Office assume no responsibility for vehicles left on campus overnight.
- The driver of a fleet vehicle may park in the parking space of the fleet vehicle they will be driving.
- Passengers cannot park in the fleet vehicle parking space.
What types of special parking permits are there?
- Dealer Permit – Is issued only to those individuals who are car dealers and can provide such documentation. Persons who are issued this permit must purchase a current parking decal.
- Handicapped Permit – Required by staff and students to park in handicapped parking spaces on main campus ONLY. This permit must also accompany a valid state handicapped placard, registered to the driver of the vehicle. This permit will only be issued to those who have a valid handicap registration card issued in their name. You may not use another person’s handicap placard to park in handicapped parking. A current parking decal must be purchased before the Forsyth Tech handicapped permit can be issued.
- Special Parking Permit – Is required to park in designated parking areas/lots usually not authorized by a person’s parking decal. These permits are only issued to those who have documentedspecial needs. Examples: medical conditions, domestic violence, etc. Special parking permits do not authorize or allow individuals to park in handicapped spaces or violate any other traffic rule or regulation.
- Temporary Parking Permit (Staff and Students) – Is required to park on campus if you have to drive a different vehicle other than the vehicle you have registered with the Forsyth Tech Campus Police Office. Parking anywhere on campus during hours of operation requires the display of a valid parking decal or parking permit. If you have arrived on campus you should stop by the Campus Police Office (Carolina Annex – Main Campus) or security office at off-campus locations before parkingto pick up a free temporary parking permit. This includes both staff and students. Picking up a temporary permit will require only about a minute of your time, so you will not be delayed in reaching your destination. Temporary parking permits do not take the place of purchasing a decal and will only be issued to those who have a valid decal on their regular vehicle. If you cannot stop by the Campus Police Office or security office before parking, you cannot legally park in a campus lot.
- Visitor Parking Permit – Issued only to visitors of Forsyth Tech upon request. Visitor permits are not issued to staff or students.
Where do I go if I have a question about campus security?
Please contact Campus Police, located on Main Campus in the Carolina Annex / 336.734.7243.
Where do I go if I have locked my keys in my car?
Please contact Campus Police, located on Main Campus in the Carolina Annex / 336.734.7243.
Where do I go if I have lost or found something on campus?
Please check with:
- Information Desk, Main Campus Allman Center, 1st Floor, 336.734.7448.
- Campus Police (located on Main Campus in the Carolina Annex), 336.734.7243.
- Customer Service Center in the South Lobby of West Campus, 336.761.1002.
- Student Activities Center, Main Campus, Technology Building, Room 124, 336.734.7326.
- The information desk if you are at one of the extension campuses.
Where do I go if I need first aid?
Please contact Campus Police (located on Main Campus in the Carolina Annex). 336.734.7243