Student / Employee Portal
Techlink allows you to interact with Forsyth Tech on a whole new level.
Through Techlink, you have access to:
- School Email
Your Instructors and classmates can communicate with you using your very own school email account.
- College Information
You have access to information from across the college including a comprehensive campus calendar and campus news.
- Student Profile
Lose your class schedule? Need to check your account information? Want to check your grades? You can access this information and more!
What’s my TechID and Password?
Fill out the fields below to generate your credentials:
Click here to open the Techlink login window. Then use the credentials above to login.
|All data entered above will reset in 60 seconds.|
Forsyth Tech is now providing a secure way to manage your Tech ID password. Before you can manage your TechID, you will need to set up your profile and answer security questions. To access the TechID Self-Service portal, please follow the link: techid.forsythtech.edu
To complete your profile:
- If you know your password, select My Questions and Answers Profile and enter your password. You will be presented with your challenge questions. These are the questions that you will answer in the event you forget your password and need to change it. You will need to provide answers to all of the challenge questions except the questions about your Tech ID, birth date and zip code (those answers have been provided for you).
- If you do not know your password, select Forgot My Password. You will be prompted for your Tech ID, birth date and zip code. After successfully answering these question, you will be required to complete setting up your profile by providing answers to the challenge questions. After providing answers for all of the challenge questions, you will be presented a screen that will allow you to change your password.
To change your password after your profile setup has been completed:
- If you know your password, select Manage My Password. Enter your current password. You will be prompted to enter a new password.
- If you do not know your password, select Forgot My Password. You will be presented with challenge questions to answer. After you have successfully answered the questions, you will be prompted to change your password.
I Need Some Help
If you are unable to login to TechLink, walk through these steps to make sure your information is correct:
- Your password is case-sensitive. This means that the first character of your password is Uppercase (Example: A), the second character is Lowercase (Example: a).
- If your birthday has a month or day that is a single digit, you need to pad the number with a zero (0). For example, if you were born on May 1st, 1975, your 6-digit birthday would be: 050175 and not 5175.
If you cannot login after checking this information, please call our Student Help Desk at 336.734.7395 for assistance. If we are experiencing a high call volume, please leave a clear message with your name and a phone number where we can reach you. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Our Student Help Desk is available at the following times:
Monday — Thursday, 7:30 am – 7 pm
Monday — Thursday, Summer break (Jul 31st – Aug 15th), 7:30 am – 5 pm
Friday, 7:30 am – 3 pm
Having problems with Registration or Blackboard?
See our Frequently Asked Questions
- Video – How to login to Techlink
This video walks you through how to determine your username and password, as well as how to login to Techlink. It also briefly goes over some of the features available to you through Techlink.
- Video – Register For A Section
This video walks you through how to register for a section in Web Advisor.
- Video – How To Add Classes To Your Preferred List
This video walks you through how to add classes to your preferred list in Web Advisor.
- Web Registration Handbook
This handbook will be helpful to you when registering for your curriculum classes using Techlink and Web Advisor.
Determine Your TechID and Password
To log into TechLink you need to know the following information:
- TechId – Your TechId can be determined using the following formula:Last Name + First Initial of Your First Name
+ Day You Were Born
+ Last Two Digits of Your Student ID Number
Name: Michelle Student
Student ID: 5843229
TechID = studentm2329
- Password – Your password can be determined using the following formula. Your password is case-sensitive:First 2 Characters of Your Last Name + Your 6 Digit Birthday
Name: Michelle Student
(The first character must be upper-case!)
You now have the information you need to login to Techlink.