Third Party Payment Guidelines
- Register for classes through normal registration process.
- Bring sponsor authorization to business office at appropriate campus center (Main Campus for Curriculum, West Campus for Continuing Education only), or verify that a copy has been sent to the Business Office by the sponsor. Curriculum sponsored students must come by the cashier’s window on main campus to transfer charges; this is not an automatic process. Curriculum sponsored students must come by the cashier’s window on main campus to transfer charges; this is not an automatic process.
- Student cannot have outstanding financial obligation to the college.
- If there are any schedule changes, you must return to the Business Office to clear your account balance. (Your classes will be purged if there is any remaining balance.)
- If you decide to drop a class(es), you must drop the class(es) online by the appropriate deadline (before the 10% point of class).
- If the college cancels a class, your sponsor will be refunded 100 percent of that class charge.
Curriculum sponsored student questions can be addressed to Jennifer Gay at 336.734.7391.
Continuing Education sponsored student questions can be addressed to Gavin Hale at 336.734.7364.
Business Sponsored Student Procedures
Pursant to N.C.G.S § 115D-39(a), North Carolina law provides a special benefit to employers choosing to pay the full cost of an eligible student/employee’s community college tuition. The employer is granted the in-state tuition rate, even when the student/employee does not meet the general requirements for in-state tuition. The law requires the student/employee to work at the employers’s North Carolina business location. The burden of proof is on the student/employee to establish that the business is a legitimate North Carolina business approved by the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State.
Beginning with the 2016 fall semester, Forsyth Tech will require the following in order to be processed as a Business sponsored student:
- Request for the in-state rate must be on company letterhead
- A copy of the employee’s pay stub
- The completed company sponsorship form. Click the link below or stop by the Cashier’s Office, Admissions, or the Records Office to obtain a copy.
Business sponsored student questions can be addressed to Jennifer Gay 336.734.7391.