|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|SON 111||Sonographic Physics||3||3||0||4|
|Prerequisites: CVS 163 or SON 110|
|Effective Term: Fall 2013|
This course introduces ultrasound physical principles, bioeffects, and sonographic instrumentation. Topics include sound wave mechanics, transducers, sonographic equipment, Doppler physics, bioeffects, and safety. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate knowledge of sound wave mechanics, transducers, sonography equipment, the Doppler effect, bioeffects, and safety.
2013FA New version
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Cardiovascular Sonography - Adult Echocardiography - Diploma (Day)
- Cardiovascular Sonography - Associate in Applied Science (Day )
- Medical Sonography - Associate in Applied Science (Day)