You are currently viewing the 2016 - 2017 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Introduction to Chemistry
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|CHM 131||Introduction to Chemistry||3||0||0||3|
|Prerequisites: DRE 098|
|Corequisites: CHM 131A|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of inorganic chemistry. Topics include measurement, matter and energy, atomic and molecular structure, nuclear chemistry, stoichiometry, chemical formulas and reactions, chemical bonding, gas laws, solutions, and acids and bases. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of chemistry as it applies to other fields. This course has been approved to satisfy the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement general education core requirement in natural sciences/mathematics.
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from RED 090 to DRE 098
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Biotechnology - Associate in Applied Science (Day, Evening)
- Biotechnology - Diploma (Day, Evening)
- Environmental Science Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Nanotechnology - Clinical Trials Research - Certificate (Day)
- Nanotechnology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Nanotechnology - Diploma (Day)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)