You are currently viewing the 2017 - 2018 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here
|Prerequisites: (DMA 010, DMA 020, DMA 030, DMA 040, DMA 050, DMA 060 and DMA 070) or (DMA 060, DMA 070, MAT 060, and MAT 070) or (DMA 040, DMA 050, DMA 060, DMA 070, and MAT 060) or (DMA 010, DMA 020, DMA 030, DMA 060, DMA 070, and MAT 070)
|Effective Term: Fall 2014
|This course provides a study of problems involving algebraic representations of the manipulation of radical expressions and the application of radical equations. Topics include simplifying and performing operations with radical expresssions and rational exponents, solving radical equations, and determining the reasonableness of a solution. Upon completion, students should be able to find algebraic solutions to contextual problems with radical applications.
·. Solve radical equations.
·. Explain the reasonableness of solutions found.
·. Perform operations with radical expressions.
·Student Learning Outcomes
1. Use rational exponents to rewrite radical expressions.
2. Simplify radical expressions.
3. Add and subtract radical expressions.
4. Multiply radical expressions.
5. Divide radical expressions.
6. Solve radical equations with one radical term.
7. Solve quadratic equations and applications using the quadratic formula.
2015FA - New Course Version (S24130)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)