You are currently viewing the 2017 - 2018 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Motors and Controls
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|ELC 117||Motors and Controls||2||6||0||4|
|Prerequisites: ELC 112 or ELC 113|
|Effective Term: Fall 2013|
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of motors and motor controls. Topics include ladder diagrams, pilot devices, contactors, motor starters, motors, and other control devices. Upon completion, students should be able to properly select, connect, and troubleshoot motors and control circuits.
2013FA - New Local Prereq: ELC 112 or ELC 113
2014FA - New Course Version (S23518)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Electrical Systems Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Industrial Systems Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Industrial Systems Technology - Diploma (Day)