You are currently viewing the 2017 - 2018 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Wills, Estates, & Trusts
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|LEX 250||Wills, Estates, & Trusts||2||2||0||3|
|Prerequisites: DRE 098|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course covers various types of wills, trusts, probate, estate administration, and intestacy. Topics include types of wills and execution requirements, caveats and dissents, intestate succession, inventories and accountings, distribution and settlement, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to draft simple wills, prepare estate forms, understand administration of estates including taxation, and explain terms regarding trusts.
2012FA - New Local Prereq: ENG 090 and RED 090
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from ENG 090 and RED 090 to DRE 098
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening)
- Paralegal Technology - Diploma (Day and Evening)