You are currently viewing the 2018 - 2019 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Legal Research/Writing I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|LEX 120||Legal Research/Writing I||2||2||0||3|
|Prerequisites: DRE 098|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course introduces the techniques of legal research and writing. Emphasis is placed on locating, analyzing, applying, and updating sources of law; effective legal writing, including proper citation; and the use of electronic research methods. Upon completion, students should be able to perform legal research and writing assignments using techniques covered in the course.
2012FA - New Local Prereq: ENG 090 and RED 090
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from ENG 090 and RED 090 to DRE 098
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening)
- Paralegal Technology - Diploma (Day and Evening)