You are currently viewing the 2018 - 2019 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Civil Litigation I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|LEX 140||Civil Litigation I||3||0||0||3|
|Prerequisites: DRE 098|
|Effective Term: Fall 2000|
This course introduces the structure of the legal system and the rules governing civil litigation. Topics include jurisdiction, state and federal rules of civil procedure, and evidence. Upon completion, students should be able to assist an attorney in pre-litigation matters and the preparation of pleadings and motions.
2012FA - New Local Prereq: ENG 090 and RED 090
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from ENG 090 and RED 090 to DRE 098
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening)
- Paralegal Technology - Diploma (Day and Evening)