Adv Coding Methodologies
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|OST 260||Adv Coding Methodologies||2||2||0||3|
|Prerequisites: OST 247 and OST 248|
|Effective Term: Fall 2017|
This course provides advanced instruction in a variety of emergent methodologies in medical coding. Topics include advanced outpatient coding, inpatient coding, risk adjustment coding, online encoder software, Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI), and advanced record abstraction. Upon completion, students should be able to perform advanced coding in a healthcare facility.
2017FA - New Course (S24668)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing & Coding Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - Outpatient Coding - Diploma (Day and Evening)