You are currently viewing the 2018 - 2019 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Healthcare Customer Relations
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|OST 263||Healthcare Customer Relations||3||0||0||3|
|Prerequisites: OST 148 or HMT 210|
|Effective Term: Fall 2017|
This course provides the soft skills necessary for effective communication and maintaining customer satisfaction in healthcare. Emphasis is placed on the importance of positive attitudes, techniques for handling difficult/angry customers, rephrasing blunt communication for better results, and the communication skills required to discuss topics such as insurance and billing issues with the patient and other medical personnel. Upon completion, students should be able to communicate information in a professional manner.
2017FA - New Course (S24699)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Medical Office Administration - General Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing & Coding Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)