Elementary Spanish I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|SPA 111||Elementary Spanish I||3||0||0||3|
|Prerequisites: DRE 098|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course introduces the fundamental elements of the Spanish language within a cultural context. Emphasis is placed on the development of basic listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Upon completion, students should be able to comprehend and respond with grammatical accuracy to spoken and written Spanish and demonstrate cultural awareness. This course has been approved to satisfy the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement general education core requirement in humanities/fine arts. Students with no prior Spanish are recommended to take SPA 110. Effective Fall 2006 SPA 111 will no longer satisfy the humanities/fine arts elective requirement in some programs. See advisor for additional information.
Some sections of this course may be recognized for Global Distinction. Please contact your advisor for assistance.
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from RED 090 to DRE 098
2016FA - Identified Course as Global Distinction
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Business Administration - International Business Global Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day, Online)
- Supply Chain Management-Global Logistics Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Online)