You are currently viewing the 2018 - 2019 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
GTAW [TIG] Plate
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|WLD 131||GTAW [TIG] Plate||2||6||0||4|
|Effective Term: Fall 2013|
This course introduces the gas tungsten arc (TIG) welding process. Topics include correct selection of tungsten, polarity, gas, and proper filler rod with emphasis placed on safety, equipment setup, and welding techniques. Upon completion, students should be able to perform GTAW fillet and groove welds with various electrodes and filler materials.
2014FA - New Course Version (S23306)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Welding Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Welding Technology - Diploma (Evening)
- Welding Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Welding Technology - Certificate (Day)
- Welding Technology - Certificate (Evening)