Principles of Biology REVISED REQUISITE
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|BIO 110||Principles of Biology REVISED REQUISITE||3||3||0||4|
|Prerequisites: DRE 098 or ENG 002|
|Effective Term: Fall 2014|
This course provides a survey of fundamental biological principles for non-science majors. Emphasis is placed on basic chemistry, cell biology, metabolism, genetics, evolution, ecology, diversity, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate increased knowledge and better understanding of biology as it applies to everyday life. This course has been approved for transfer under the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement as a general education course in Natural Science.
Some sections of this course may be recognized for Global Distinction. Please contact your advisor for assistance.
2014FA- New Course Version (S24019)
2014FA - Identified Course as UGETC
2016FA - Identified Course as Global Distinction
2019SP - Revised Local Prereq: Add ENG 002
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Dental Assisting - Diploma (Day)
- Early Childhood Education - B-K Licensure Transfer Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Early Childhood Education - Early Ed Non-Licensure Transfer Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Early Childhood Education - General Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Nanotechnology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)