You are currently viewing the 2019 - 2020 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Organic and Biochemistry
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|CHM 132||Organic and Biochemistry||3||3||0||4|
|Prerequisites: CHM 131 and CHM 131A or CHM 151|
|Effective Term: Spring 2005|
This course provides a survey of major functional classes of compounds in organic and biochemistry. Topics include structure, properties, and reactions of the major organic and biological molecules and basic principles of metabolism. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamental chemical concepts needed to pursue studies in related professional fields. This course has been approved to satisfy the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement general education core requirement in natural sciences/mathematics.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Biotechnology - Associate in Applied Science (Day, Evening)
- Biotechnology - Diploma (Day, Evening)