You are currently viewing the 2019 - 2020 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Social Innovation REVISED REQUISITE
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|NPO 230||Social Innovation REVISED REQUISITE||3||0||0||3|
|Prerequisites: DRE 098 or ENG 002|
|Effective Term: Fall 2011|
This course introduces the concept of applying business principles and entrepreneurial efforts to transform social systems. Topics include the role of marketing, financial and unrelated business income, and information systems in creating sustainable change in public policy, advocacy, and grassroots movements. Upon completion, students should be able to develop a social enterprise plan.
2011FA - New Course
2012FA - New Local Prereq: RED 090
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from RED 090 to DRE 098
2019SP - Revised Local Prereq: Add ENG 002
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Nonprofit Leadership and Management - Governance - Certificate (Day, Evening and Online)
- Nonprofit Leadership and Management - Associate in Applied Science (Day, Evening and Online)