You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Broadcast Law & Ethics
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|BPT 111||Broadcast Law & Ethics||3||0||0||3|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course covers judicial, legislative, and administrative policies pertinent to the ethical and legal operation of broadcast and other electronic media organizations. Emphasis is placed on legal and ethical issues including First Amendment protection, FCC regulations, copyright, and libel laws. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the historical significance and modern-day application of important broadcast laws and policies.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Broadcasting and Production Technology - Fall Entry - Associate in Applied Science (Day )
- Broadcasting and Production Technology - Radio Production - Diploma (Day)
- Broadcasting and Production Technology - Spring Entry - Associate in Applied Science NEW (Day )