You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Medical Law and Ethics
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|MED 118||Medical Law and Ethics||2||0||0||2|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course covers legal relationships of physicians and patients, contractual agreements, professional liability, malpractice, medical practice acts, informed consent, and bioethical issues. Emphasis is placed on legal terms, professional attitudes, and the principles and basic concepts of ethics and laws involved in providing medical services. Upon completion, students should be able to meet the legal and ethical responsibilities of a multi-skilled health professional. This course is limited to the students currently admitted to the Medical Assisting program.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Medical Assisting - Diploma NEW (Day)