You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Exam Room Procedures I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|MED 140||Exam Room Procedures I||3||4||0||5|
|Effective Term: Fall 1998|
This course provides instruction in clinical examining room procedures. Topics include asepsis, infection control, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, preparation and administration of medications, EKG, vital signs, and medical emergencies. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate competence in exam room procedures. This course is limited to the students currently admitted to the Medical Assisting program.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Medical Assisting - Diploma NEW (Day)