You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Laboratory Procedures I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|MED 150||Laboratory Procedures I||3||4||0||5|
|Effective Term: Fall 1998|
This course provides instruction in basic lab techniques used by the medical assistant. Topics include lab safety, quality control, collecting and processing specimens, performing selective tests, phlebotomy, screening and follow-up of test results, and OSHA/CLIA regulations. Upon completion, students should be able to perform basic lab tests/ skills based on course topics. This course is limited to the students currently admitted to the Medical Assisting program.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Medical Assisting - Diploma NEW (Day)