Linux/UNIX Admin I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|NOS 220||Linux/UNIX Admin I||2||2||0||3|
|Prerequisites: NOS 120|
|Effective Term: Spring 2006|
This course introduces the Linux file system, group administration, and system hardware controls. Topics include installation, creation and maintaining file systems, NIS client and DHCP client configuration, NFS, SMB/Samba, Configure X, Gnome, KDE, basic memory, processes, and security. Upon completion, students should be able to perform system administration tasks including installation, configuring and attaching a new Linux workstation to an existing network.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- IT-Network Management - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- IT-Network Mgt NOS Certified Microsoft & Linux Professional - Certificate (Day, Evening, Online)