You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Med Coding Certification Prep
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|OST 249||Med Coding Certification Prep||2||3||0||3|
|Prerequisites: OST 247 and OST 248 and MED 122 or OST 142|
|Effective Term: Fall 2017|
This course provides instruction that will prepare students to sit for a national coding certification exam. Topics include diagnostic and procedural coding. Upon completion, students should be able to sit for various medical coding certification exams.
2012FA New Local Prereq: OST 142
2017FA – New Course Version (S24706)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Medical Office Administration - Advanced Medical Office Coding - Certificate (Day and Evening )
- Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing & Coding Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - Outpatient Coding - Diploma (Day and Evening)