You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Electronic Health Records
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|OST 280||Electronic Health Records||2||2||0||3|
|Prerequisites: CIS 110 or CIS 111 or OST 137|
|Effective Term: Fall 2017|
This course focuses on the use of electronic health records in medical documentation and patient management. Emphasis is placed on creating and maintaining patient medical information, scheduling patient appointments, documenting patient encounters, and billing/insurance claim processing. Upon completion, students should be able to perform the required software tasks following a patient visit from start to finish.
2017FA - New Course (S24673)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- IT-Healthcare Informatics - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- IT-Healthcare Informatics - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - General Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing & Coding Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - Outpatient Billing - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Medical Office Administration - Outpatient Coding - Diploma (Day and Evening)