You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|PHM 118||Sterile Products||3||3||0||4|
|Prerequisites: PHM 110 and PHM 111|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course provides an introduction to intravenous admixture preparation and other sterile products, including total parenteral nutrition and chemotherapy. Topics include aseptic techniques; facilities, equipment, and supplies utilized in admixture preparation; incompatibility and stability; laminar flow hoods; immunizations and irrigation solutions; and quality assurance. Upon completion, students should be able to describe and demonstrate the steps involved in preparation of intermittent and continuous infusions, total parenteral nutrition, and chemotherapy.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Pharmacy Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening)
- Pharmacy Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening Part-time)
- Pharmacy Technology - Diploma (Evening)
- Pharmacy Technology - Diploma (Evening Part-time)