You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Security Administration I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|SEC 160||Security Administration I||2||2||0||3|
|Corequisites: SEC 110|
|Effective Term: Fall 2016|
This course provides an overview of security administration and fundamentals of designing security architectures. Topics include networking technologies, TCP/IP concepts, protocols, network traffic analysis, monitoring, and security best practices. Upon completion, students should be able to identify normal network traffic using network analysis tools and design basic security defenses.
2013FA - New Local Prereq: NET 126
2017FA – New Course Version (S24399)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- IT-Network Mgt Cisco Security Fundamentals - Certificate (Day, Evening, and Online)
- IT-Systems Security Cyber Defense - Certificate (Day, Evening, and Online)
- IT-Systems Security - Associate in Applied Science (Evening and Online)