You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
SMAW [Stick] Plate/Pipe
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|WLD 116||SMAW [Stick] Plate/Pipe||1||9||0||4|
|Prerequisites: WLD 115|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course is designed to enhance skills with the shielded metal arc (stick) welding process. Emphasis is placed on advancing manipulative skills with SMAW electrodes on varying joint geometry. Upon completion, students should be able to perform groove welds on carbon steel with prescribed electrodes in the flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Welding Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Welding Technology - Diploma (Evening)
- Welding Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)