You are currently viewing the 2020 - 2021 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
GTAW [TIG] Plate/Pipe
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|WLD 132||GTAW [TIG] Plate/Pipe||1||6||0||3|
|Prerequisites: WLD 131|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course is designed to enhance skills with the gas tungsten arc (TIG) welding process. Topics include setup, joint preparation, and electrode selection with emphasis on manipulative skills in all welding positions on plate and pipe. Upon completion, students should be able to perform GTAW welds with prescribed electrodes and filler materials on various joint geometry.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Welding Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Welding Technology - Diploma (Evening)
- Welding Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)