Organic and Biochemistry REVISED
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|CHM 132||Organic and Biochemistry REVISED||3||3||0||4|
|Prerequisites: CHM 131 and CHM 131A or CHM 151|
|Effective Term: Spring 2005|
This course provides a survey of major functional classes of compounds in organic and biochemistry. Topics include structure, properties, and reactions of the major organic and biological molecules and basic principles of metabolism. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamental chemical concepts needed to pursue studies in related professional fields. This course has been approved to satisfy the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement general education core requirement in natural sciences/mathematics. Students must have completed CHM 131 or CHM 151 with a minimum grade of C prior to taking this course.
2021FA - Added statement: CHM 131 or CHM 151 Minimum Grade C
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Biotechnology - Associate in Applied Science (Day, Evening)
- Biotechnology - Diploma (Day, Evening)